String Beans Fries
1/4 pound string beans
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
1. Wash string beans and cut off ends (if necessary).
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Flour string beans.
4. Dip in scrambled egg.
5. Dip in panko bread crumbs.
6. Place on a baking sheet with parchment paper, single layer, and spray with olive oil.
7. Bake for 12 minutes or until panko is a golden brown color.
You can add salt to the flour for added flavor.
You can also add parmesan cheese, paprika, or any other seasoning to the panko bread crumbs for extra flavor. You might want to skip the adding salt to the flour if you are doing this step.
I’ve tried both baked and fried versions of this, and although the fried version tastes just a tad bit better, it’s not as healthy.
Have you tried string bean fries? What are your favorite veggie fries?